Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What a Wonderful Weekend

On Friday my Aunt Janice and my cousin Juli came over from PA. We had a great time my mom helped Juli with her projects and I was able to finish a pair of socks that I have been procrastinating to do for my father since about November. He was very happy to have them. We caught up on everything and anything that happened or there was to talk about. I missed them so much its crazy. We sat, watched Harry Potter, and Knitted away. The next day we went to dinner at Mambo Italiano for some of the best Italian food EVER!!! Then it was off to the Little Cupcake for all different kinds of cupcakes at $1.75 a pop! I didn't ever want to eat again because of this huge manging day!! There visit set me off on a knitting rampage! I have not stopped knitting for 4 days straight and I finished 3 projects within this time. FIRST, I finished my dad's socks FINALLY. SECOND, I finished my pocket book that I bought yarn for in September and I absolutely love it. I made it out of Manos del Uruguay a different color base and then straps which where done using stockinette stitch.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
THIRD, and final, was a creamiscle blanket made out of a very very very soft mohair by Patons called Divine. It only took me 6 months of on and off knitting to make. It was made with a simple garter stitch with a few rows of drop stitche by means of a yarn over in between. I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT. It is so warm and perfect to cuddle up for the rest of the winter with.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Jany said...

Val!!!!!
Your projects are fabulous......I cannot imagine how you completed so many in such a short period of time...I am in AWE of the beautiful socks you made for your Dad (you need a photo of them on his feet!). I remember you starting that blanket way back when, and I really thought it was going to be a bear to finish. Shows how wrong I can be :)

I think the Manos patchwork blanket is a very ambitious project, but I also know that you always like to add a new skill when you start another project so this is probably the right thing for you to do. At least you won't be feeling overwarm while you work since you will only have 12" squares. Take a photo of all the colors you will use so we can imagine what the finished blanket will look like. And last, thank you for winding my wool, that was a lifesaver for sure! Love you....
P.S. Can I give my friend Janette a link to your blog? I always tell her about you guys.....