Saturday, August 4, 2007

Peacock shawl


First of all I would like to say its amazing that i am even making a post since i have like absolutely no time on my hands with work and everything! But anyway I am doing very well with the peacock shawl...it is gorgeous if i must say so myself. I have 210 stitches on the needle and am up to row 105 on chart 3. The wool I am using is Zephyr wool-silk from fiddlesticks knitting. I had a little bit of trouble in the beginning but since then it has been a smooth and enjoyable knitting experience!! It is actaully looking like a peacock tail! It is moving along quickly but as the number of stitches increase the longer it takes to knit a row!

4 comments:

Jany said...

YAY! Val--Fantastick and gorgeous!

I am thrilled for you! It looks so great and it's not even blocked--your Mom must be dying to get her hands on it!! You have made amazing progress and I am so happy you like lace knitting, not many knitters even attempt it....there is not one person at the shop who does lace knitting, even JJ said she tried and gave up.....good for you and keep up the pace....Mom will have it in time for Stitches East for sure!

Janette said...

Val, it is just beautiful!!! I am so happy you are enjoying lace knitting ! It is definitely an addiction!

Jany said...

What's up with Janette's Meez? Is she dying her hair and coming to NY to surprise us???!!!

(I think this Meez looks like Valerie..)

Marie said...

So honored that this shawl is for me. Can't wait to wear it at Stitches East - October 12th. No pressure though.