Sunday, March 2, 2008

And She Knits Too

I know I haven't made a post since october...but life is insane. I never have a moment to myself with my 17 credits at school and working 4 days a week. But here we go!



My new project. I am beginning to knit the great american aran afghan and am loving every second of it. At the rate I'm going with it I wont be done for at least a year, but that is ok! I am knitting it with Cascade Eco-Wool. It is the softest 100% wool I have ever touched in my entire life! And for everyone who knows me I won't knit or wear anything that has any itch to it, so you know it has to be soft if I'm going to wrap myself up in this! Another benefit is that it has about 500 yds per skane making it a great buy!




I finished my first square, the Vicki Sever square and it just came out amazing. I'm not really worried about the size my squares come out cause I figure that I'll block them separately and make them the size I want them to be then. Right now I am knitting them just because I love a challenge and I love cables! I love when things like that come out imperfect. I think imperfections in handmade items make them unique to the person who made them.



Now onto bigger and better things. I have just booked my tickets for West Palm Beach Florida. A birthday gift from mom and dad. I am going with my best friend in April for a week and I am very very very very excited!! She has a house down there and asked me to come along with her. So in a months time I will be soaking up the rays on a gorgeous white sand beach and possibly be going to see Avril Lavigne while I'm down there.

5 comments:

juli said...

yay!!! The square looks amazing, keep it up.

Jany said...

HEY STRANGER!

We'll celebrate your birthday when we all are healthy enough to be in the same room!!!!

How about that square? Fabulous! Did the designer call it Faith Hope and Charity? Or is it for women's heart health or breast cancer? Whatever...you are doing a great job on a very ambitious project! And a square is just the right size to take on the plane for your fabulous getaway.....ahhhh, the beach is just the ticket for a very busy girl! Miss you....Love Aunt Janice

Janette said...

Welcome to the club! It is a fabulous and fun project! I love the Cascade too - and I didn't even think of it for the afghan. Sigh. Perfect choice though!

juli said...

hehe thanks, I can't wait to see you (it better be soon)!!

juli said...

Tag!! You're It!
(check out my blog for details -- do it asappppp)!