Sunday, June 24, 2007

My Fire Hot Socks

I know I haven't updated my blog in a while and it is apparently getting boring, so here is an update. I finished my socks a while ago and just have not had the time to post them on the blog. Everyone is in love with them and I am very happy with how quickly and easily they knit up.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have been working on my Debbie Bliss Pure Silk Shrug from her pure silk book and it is coming out beautifully with some help from the kind ladies at my favorite Pennsylvania knitting store Knitting to know Ewe. The lace knitting combined with cables is fabulous and the yarn is so soft and wonderful to work with. I am also working on ankle socks for myself and have found an amazing ankle sock pattern from the new summer issue of knitty and cannot wait to knit those up. I am also knitting my aunt janice two pairs of socks: one pair of alpaca and another of superwash merino wool. So i have many socks to knit up and a bolero to finish. Pictures of the shrug probably to come by tuesday and the others as I finish them.

2 comments:

Jany said...

Sorry if I sounded like a complainer.....I was just dying to see what you are up to since I know how quickly you finish your projects........I know the Bliss pattern is challenging, so maybe you can show us your progress--it must be fabulous and I am so happy about all of your new skills! And I hope Auntie Val loves her socks as much as I do!
P.S. Don't worry about the socks for me--just carry on with the bolero (and let's get a date in the book real soon)!

Marie said...

Beautiful job, Val. Will yo teach me how to knit those?

xxxooo
mommy