Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another Project in the Bag!

I finished my cable pocketbook about two days ago and I am obsessed with it! It came out so fabulously and I am very happy about it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It took me about two hours to put together. I sewed up the sides and left a little open that im either going to close up or place two pretty buttons in those two spots but we will see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I attempted lining the bag because there are little holes that the cable pattern left that you cannot see but they are there. I did not want things to fall out when I begin to use the handbag. So I took an old pillow case cut it up and began to sew it to the inside of the bag. I know it is not the right way to lign it and the amount of material I used did not cover the entire inside but for my first attempt at it with no help, I think it is pretty good! Don't you? No matter what the inside looks like it is functional and will protect the bag from getting dirty!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now that this project is finished I am going to go back to knitting the other sock in the pomotomaus pattern from knitty. I finished one sock and now it is time to do the other. When the other one is finished I will post what they both look like. But you will have to wait until then. Sorry, but good things come to those who wait! They will be a gift to my Aunt and godmother. She was supposed to receive it for mothers day but i did not have time to finish them so, its ok!

6 comments:

Jany said...

Val! I am speechless, in awe, and so proud! Can't wait to see it! You will have to bring it to the shop!

Janette said...

Your bag is just beautiful! I have never lined a bag but it sure looks like you did a fabulous job!

Jany said...

I love the new look of your blog--it is definitely more YOU! By the way, great job getting the reluctant one to create a blog.........

Marie said...

Super job Val, the photo's don't do it justice.
MomXXXXXXXXXX!

juli said...

Val it looks great! You're such an amazing knitter [=
Gah! I can't wait until we see you soon! (p.s. from my mom: YOUR BLOG IS BORING) O_O

Jany said...

Snoring........I fell asleep waiting for you to post something..........Luv, Aunt Janice