Wednesday, July 4, 2007

And Now for the Finishing Touches

Unfortunately this blog will contain no pictures because I am not on my computer at the moment I am on my mother's but I wanted to update all those knitters who look at my blog( so Aunt Janice, Juli, Mom, and Janette this is what I am up to )!

1) I finished the back the right front and the left front of my silky smooth shrug! I was so excited and I was up until 2:30 finishing the right front!

2)I am now putting on the finishing touches which include the k1 p1 border and sewing it all together and if needed blocking!

3)The last step is wearing and enjoying it which I CANNOT WAIT for!

4) Post pictures so all of you can see the finished product but until then!

I also visited the city yesterday and while I was there made a trip to Seaport Yarns! I got the most beautiful cotton and nylon mix sock yarn in magenta for the ankle sock pattern with the cables in the most recent issue of knitty. I also purchased a skein of grey lace because my next challenge is to knit a lace shawl for my mom! This yarn was only $16 and has 1350 yards! I think that is so awesome!

3 comments:

Jany said...

Valerie: I am doomed to eat your dust and I couldn't be happier! I will wait for the unveiling of the silky shrug.......and then the next great knitting adventure!

Janette said...

I can't believe you have only been knitting for one year! I love your shrug (who wouldn't love lace and cables in one project?) and in my favorite color too! Anxiously awaiting the photo shoot : )

juli said...

Oh wow! I cannot WAIT until we see the finished product (you MUST MUST MUST bring it with you when you visit).